FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - January 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:34 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
i noticed that you said dates. Does that mean that I could also change the outbound flight when the return is cancelled and needs a re-route?
I don't know BA's exact policy on this. I know some airlines that allow it but I also know some others who don't which includes the Lufthansa Group.

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I was originally on a SAN-LHR-SAN itinerary. I had a hunch that the outbound SAN-LHR flight would be cancelled, so I took the BWC option to rebook the outbound to LAX-LHR and as it was voluntary, I paid the $1 fare difference​​​​​. I was originally on the earlier 280 service that was ultimately cancelled and I was moved to the later 268 service than now lands at 3:25PM. I would now be open to switching that to a LAX-DFW-LHR, or even better, a SAN-DFW-LHR to get in just after 11AM. My outbound is on a Sat, so I spend the day traveling to DFW, or hang about the house all day before driving up to LAX to catch the late direct LAX flight. Getting to the UK 4 hrs earlier is the more appealing option for me.
If you booked through BA, the 300-mile radius rule applies in involuntary cases, so you should be able to switch your origin to SAN. That's what I'm sure about.