FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - January 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:27 am
Reetmafreen

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you booked through BA, you could move your dates -3/+14 days without any extra charge. There were also reports that the -3/+14 day requirement was waived at some point in the summer but I'm not sure if it's still waived in an involuntary situation.

Though, you would need to wait for the cancellation e-mail.
i noticed that you said dates. Does that mean that I could also change the outbound flight when the return is cancelled and needs a re-route?

I was originally on a SAN-LHR-SAN itinerary. I had a hunch that the outbound SAN-LHR flight would be cancelled, so I took the BWC option to rebook the outbound to LAX-LHR and as it was voluntary, I paid the $1 fare difference​​​​​. I was originally on the earlier 280 service that was ultimately cancelled and I was moved to the later 268 service than now lands at 3:25PM. I would now be open to switching that to a LAX-DFW-LHR, or even better, a SAN-DFW-LHR to get in just after 11AM. My outbound is on a Sat, so I spend the day traveling to DFW, or hang about the house all day before driving up to LAX to catch the late direct LAX flight. Getting to the UK 4 hrs earlier is the more appealing option for me.