FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:20 pm
j.cerda

Originally Posted by jphripjah
If you tell me which numbered villas are "King Ocean Villa with pool" I may be able to make a recommendation. I thought they were called Beach, Overwater, and Reef so I'm not sure with the "ocean villas" are.

In the meantime, check out the "villa selection" links in the Wiki and my report here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31317173-post1667.html

You'd certainly want to avoid 202-222 if "unobstructed view" is your goal but those aren't overwater and may not be "ocean villas"

The "King Ocean Villa with pool" is the same as the Overwater villa.
This category only exists so that the resort can limit the amount of overwater villas that can be booked with points.
The only overwater villas that will provide "unobstructed views" would be the overwater villas in the 100s.
The overwater villas in the 700s would either have views of Male (Villas with odd number in the 700s) or would have views of the lagoon and Private Island (Villas with even number in the 700s).
It is my understanding that the villas in the 100s are still closed at this time so depending on when you plan to visit that section may still be closed.