FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a way to escalate Seating Department requests?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 12:20 pm
tjcxx

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I am having a problem with seat selection in 2 CE flights (LHR-VIE and MUC-LHR) for June 8 and 19. It's a technical problem. When I get to seat selection it says I can select seats without charge (am OW Sapphire). I can select the seats but then when I click "confirm seats" it says:
  • Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.
I have called BA res 3 times now hoping they can resolve this problem. I have been told 1) wait 24 hrs and try again 2) "it's too far in advance - we don't know what equipment will be on that flight and 3) I'm sending your request to the "seating department" and they will reserve for you. So, I've tried after 24 hrs and after 3 weeks, I went through the steps up to payment for a mock duplicate booking on the same flights and the error doesn't occur, and after several weeks the "seating department" hasn't done anything.

On call #3 I asked to speak with a supervisor and was denied. Is there still a BA rep here on FT who maybe can help resolve this problem, which appears to be technical ?

This looks like the error message when the booking isn't actually ticketed yet. Could that be it?