FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA to Brazil - Medical Insurance & Intra-country travel
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:08 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm traveling to GRU over the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm a US citizen. Can you recommend where to buy travel health insurance for my trip?
I am not the right person to ask -- since this trip (hasn't started yet) is the first/only time I've bought any kind of travel insurance -- but our company's insurance broker recommended (but wouldn't/couldn't write policies for) GeoBlue and UHC's SafeTrip. As near as I could tell they offered identical benefits for my purposes and while I probably would have felt more "prestige" with the SafeTrip option their pathetic web presence turned me off -- it's 2020 but I have to call you to quote a policy?!? Are you going to try faxing the quote for me to review or do I need to wait for the carrier pigeon? -- I went the GeoBlue option.

There are a lot of plans out there that appear to offer similar levels of coverage. Had it not been for the broker's recommendation I had a short list (that I've since discarded of a few different ones)