FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Columbus Marriott, GA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:37 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Columbus Marriott, GA [Master Thread]

Stay Report 10/12 to 10/13:

Location: The hotel is in Downtown Columbus on the corner of 9th and Broadway just south of the Performing Arts Center. Its location means you can walk to all the restaurants and bars downtown and believe me there are some excellent choices. It does mean a little bit of driving if you need to get to the freeways around here but it's worth it.

Hotel: The hotel was closed for a few months during COVID but is back open. It's a nice design that's different in a good way from the standard Marriotts you see in a lot of cities. It has an attached Houlihan's Restaurant and a small parking lot out from which is blessedly free right now. There's a large lobby with a small store in it as well.

Check In: I was checked in by a helpful agent who let me know she'd upgraded me to a suite for being Titanium, that's always a treat.

Room: Very nice. Full living room with small bar area, separate bedroom with large and comfortable bed and a huge bathroom. No issues with Wifi or noise or finding power outlets so I was very happy.

Dining: This hotel is nicely still providing breakfast as a Titanium benefit. I was able to order off a menu and service and the food were both very good.

I have nothing but good things to say about this property. The location, service and elite recognition were top notch. I'm making lists of places that treated elites well during COVID and I'll be returning to those properties. This is definitely one of them.