FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impact of November lockdown on BA travel
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:14 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Blumie
I'm not concerned about my QR ticket. I am dealing directly with QR on that, and in fact likely will change it to arrive on Wednesday rather than Thursday to beat the start of the lockdown.

And while BA can always strictly adhere it its T&Cs (whether Avios or otherwise), we have, of course, seen the airlines, including BA, adopt special rules, typically affording greater flexibility, to deal with the Coronavirus and the associated government restrictions on travel. I think it's reasonable that BA will announce some sort of policy related to this most recent lockdown.
The current formal answer is it depends on whether BA cancels the service. If they do, then you can move to alternative services without issue or extra expense. If they don't cancel you can either travel, if that is allowed, claim the FTV for the cash element, get a potentially voluntary refund on the cash fare component but a refund of the Avios for the UUA. The last option probably isn't attractive, but the thing to watch, if the flight goes ahead, is to cancel the UuA at least 24 hours before departure.