FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old Oct 31, 2020, 4:46 am
Splendiz

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by Splendiz
One of my booking is scheduled for next week. Expedia booking, 074 ticket stock. There has been a cancellation of the BUD-AMS flight and they have automatically rebooked it to another flight within 3hours. But obviously I can't travel next week due to border restrictions.
So I tried to move it to May 2021 but the agent said there will be a high fare difference to be paid. Only other options would be eCredit (no thanks) or full refund.
Update: I've been in contact with KLM via Whatsapp. Even-though its an Expedia issued ticket, after a while they were willing to work on the ticket with me. After agreeing on the new dates in May they said they will have to check with ticketing and come back to me. Afterwards I already saw the new flights in my PNR. Actually I have two roundtrips in my PNR now, both come up as confirmed and I can select seats. Today however, KLM came back to me requesting over 3000€ for moving to the new dates. So I assume the change I see in my ticket are only temporary or whatnot. I contacted the Delta Messaging team to confirm which of the roundtrips are actually active at this point and they said that none of them are and KLM has to review it before I could fly anyhow.
Side note: The destination is SEA. A few months ago I would have been able to change the return leg online to HNL plus would have gotten an eCredit refund of just over 300€ probably because it would have used historical pricing and HNL was even cheaper at the beginning of this fare even-though it was not available anymore when I booked my SEA ticket. I didn't do the change online because I didn't want to risk losing the SEA ticket. Well, I have to cancel now anyhow as it seems.