FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best place to spend winter during a potential second wave of COVID?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:09 am
the810

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Would it be possible for you to have somekind of note from your doctor stating that you are not able to wear one? If so, I believe many countries do make exceptions in these cases.
Probably yes, but it would be a hassle as The Bouncer described. Ultimately, even when the legal requirement can be waived, if people around you feel like you're a biological weapon threatening their lives, it's just no good. Therefore I still aim to spend most of my time in places where people aren't really into the thing (that's why I always ask about local customs, rather than regulations, e.g. my question about Finland above). Sweden seems to most stable in this aspect, as authorities seem to be well aware of masks' limits and disadvantages. I don't like the perspective of life being further restricted but ultimately I guess that even if they make rules tighter, staying in a mask-free location will trump staying in a more open place with a strict mask mandate.

Last edited by the810; Oct 31, 2020 at 2:38 am