FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:56 am
james0499

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joecool1885
I stayed in 508 (standard reef) for a night, then 506 (grand reef) for 8 nights. In that area, the lagoon view is ok, the problem IMO is that they didn't keep up the island in the middle of the lagoon. So instead of a white sandy beach with palm trees, now you see a rockyish island with some shrubbery and a swing.
There's an outcropping on the other side, and the view of the ocean from those villas includes bright runway lights from MLE at night (could even spot the airport beacon).

I checked the website just prior to my stay, and they were showing availability for every type of Grand Villa (Beach, reef, overwater). You could always offer 2-3K to upgrade (for 7-10 nights) and see if they bite.
Interesting... when you were in 508/506 did you ever wish you were on the other side/missing out on anything? I don't know if to just let them allocate tbh as there doesn't seem to be a 'bad' standard RV to be fair.

Sadly no availability for any 1 bed OWV or RV, only Grand BV. Only 2 queen bedded and don't fancy that. Looks like it's gonna be a busy week.