FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]
Old Oct 29, 2020, 1:10 pm
1readyset2go

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I am here now on a 4 night paid stay in one of the corner room Astor suites. Unbelievable rates right now. The lobster roll at the bar (and terrace) is incredible, probably the best I have ever had. You must get this if you stay or drop in for a meal ($34) comes with skinny fries which I liked as well.

I was told they only had 21 rooms booked right now. They sent me a lovely plate of cookies from around the world with a description. The Astor suite has a full Kitchen with everything one would need. I have a lovely view of the mountain from my balcony that has 2 chairs and a small table. There is some wear visible in parts of the suite, but it is a beautiful suite with a fireplace in den as well as bedroom. I had tuna steak last night and it was obvious it was not fresh. It was ok but I expected better. I had much better last week in Nashville! I had stayed here before during ski season in a different type of suite (i forget which kind) and tried the spa which is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen at the time. It was pricey of course back then but now it is ridiculous. 50 min massage for $230 before taxes and tip. I called one of the local massage places to come to my room and received a great 120 min massage for $220!

Having said that this is a beautiful property and the location is awesome for ski season. DV is one of my favorite places to ski and all kidding aside I really like that they do not allow snow boarders. Sorry but you guys eviscerate the snow and lets face it this is one of only 2 or 3 places in the country you are not allowed, so its not like you don't have million other choices. Complain all you want but they won't change. They know this is a big part of their appeal and they are definitely not hurting for business. Point of fact, my family will keep giving them our business because of that and the atmosphere is here is quieter as well as the fact they limit ticket sales to keep the mountain from being crowded. If you can afford to stay here in ski season you are a very blessed person. Stein E. and Montage in that order would be the other good options. I would love to attach pics but I do not have the time to figure that out. Hope this helps a little. I would recommend staying here especially for Deer Valley skiers.