FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Christmas Bargain to Oman on Emirates and Swiss
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:07 am
hkskyline

Originally Posted by 13901
Thanks for the report, hkskyline. As much as I've never been a fan of Dubai, I must admit that my one and only visit to Oman didn't do the country justice and I should come back. The airport looks like a nice improvement over the old one!

I've only flown on Swiss on short-haul and, for an airline with such sleek interiors on the narrowbodies and a lovely airport in Zurich, the longhaul fleet looks a bit 'meh' in Economy. Brown seats? I though they'd gone out of fashion together with the Mercedes 190, mullets and Inspector Derrick!
If you hate Dubai, then I think you'll love Oman, an entirely opposite world. It seems the Omanis are determined to keep their country that way, and the super friendly locals enhanced the whole experience.

Any good impression on Swiss' interior was dashed by the lacking of cleaning during the short break in Dubai. Granted, it's only a 40 minute hop to Muscat, but I wasn't too happy to see trash from the previously long-haul leg still in the seat pocket in front of me.