View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:32 pm
jonr405

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Same for me, my Christmas break is kinda cancelled:
  • Dec 2019 ORD-MAD in J flight cancelled
  • Jan 2020 MAD-BOS in J flight cancelled
I called them to get any other day around the dates of my booking but nothing, I later tried asking to change to other route (like JFK, which seems to have still 1 flight operating) but no success.
Their only offer was to give me a voucher, which I obvs say "NO" after I paid a few thousands on 2 tickets at least I want my money back... This was all on the IB call center, later I called the BA Gold but unfortunately they cannot do anything (I was expecting that as the ticket is with IB)...

Not sure how to proceed, my next step seems to be calling IB again and asking them for a ticket with layover at LHR or a flight in AA DFW-MAD-DFW. However, I am feeling my Christmas will be in US this year and I will see whther I truly get my money reimbursed or just a voucher which is not likely I will use with IB.
Any luck getting re-routed? I have 2 flights with IB, both cancelled. When I called about the first cancellation they wouldn't re-route me on BA nor AA. The agent said call back in a few weeks as they may have added more flights... (My reaction was = ???)