FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Waldorfs Provide "Waldorf-Level" Service?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:33 am
MS02113

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Have had excellent stays at Waldorf Astoria hotels in Bangkok, Berlin, and Versailles. The service, facilities, and dining were first rate at each, and I would recommend without hesitation.

Service at Park City was exceedingly good for a U.S. property, our upgraded suite nice (if a bit dated in parts), and the restaurant enjoyable. The lack of thermal spa and locker room facilities for fitness center/pool was a small disappointment. Edinburgh offered polished service, but be sure to book the desired room type if base accommodations would disappoint. It's been a few years, but as I recall Roosevelt New Orleans was nice.

Have enjoyed stays at Arizona Biltmore and Grand Wailea, though in both cases, the sheer size of the resorts precludes a truly luxurious experience. At Arizona Biltmore, room quality varies. I don't think Grand Wailea warrants its Waldorf Astoria branding; on the fence about Arizona Biltmore.

Consensus suggests that properties in Florida, Puerto Rico, and Panama are underwhelming.