FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Garuda Customer Service Number or advice
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:42 pm
Travel kitten

Originally Posted by maalloc
Garuda email support is a joke(*).
In the past, I've been able to communicate with human beings on the 62 21 2351 9999 and 0804 1 807 807. Waiting time can be frustrating.
Keep in mind that the level of your interlocutor will be random. I've found that the easiest way to deal with a speaker that's not willing (or not able) to help is by hanging up and calling again.
You can also try the chat, but be ready to speak for 2 hours with an average of 5 minutes between each message.

(*) Last time I contacted them for a ticket that was not properly issued, they sent me automated responses for days, exactly the same as the ones you got. I feel for you. The first time I got an actual human response by email was 2 months after the flight took place, so don't hold your breath.

😂 I got *some* sense finally from the chat, after giving up on emails. The first lady clearly got fed up with me questioning why I wasn't told when my entire ticket / itinerary was cancelled by Garuda (before I even phoned my crappy OTA to cancel). I mean, an email telling me my options would have helped loads! Anyway, she got fed up, muted me on the thread (any comments I made disappeared and "Not known" appeared), while she went through the motions of politely ending the call: "Was there anything else Madam?", "Are you still with us Madam?", "As you're no longer responding...".
The next guy provided more information, then got fed up and just ended the call, mid conversation, without any pleasantries at all!

Lesson 1: Never use an OTA
Lesson 2: Garuda CS are a joke and are unbelievably rude. Only book with them, if it's a choice between them and an airline that's actually unsafe!