FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exchange rate means reduced refund - what can be done?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:14 pm
AirbusA350

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Not necessarily, BA can charge you in whatever currency you want. I've had BA charge me for an Ex-Italy flight in Canadian Dollars for example.
Oh really? I am curious how you managed to do this via the website? I have just made a couple of dummy searches on BA’s Italian and Canadian website for MXP - YYZ (searched both one way and return), on all occasions it shows up in EUR and not CAD or any other currency for that matter nor does it give me the choice as you proclaim. Of course if one called BA’s Canadian number or visited BA’s ticket office in YYZ, then I can totally see how and why a CAD transaction occurred.

Anyway, don’t want to veer OT. But I’m curious as if indeed one could pay in any currency they want via ba.com, all these years of ex-EU I would’ve happily chosen my home currency of GBP if I had the choice via BA’s website! Lol. But if indeed I’ve been missing something all this while, I’d be grateful for your insight and would happily stand corrected!

Last edited by AirbusA350; Oct 24, 2020 at 7:21 pm