FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:05 pm
WHBM

Programs: BA
I suppose that could lead on to a couple of other Bonus Questions about the Canary Islands.

1. Which mainstream airline bought aircraft from a manufacturer they had never bought from before (or since), specifically to cover their extensive holiday flights to the Canary Islands. Airline and aircraft type.

2. Which airline built up a substantial secondhand fleet of a distinctive type, again to cover the range required for their flights from these islands. Airline and aircraft type. Answered : Spantax and the Convair 990.

3. Which airline was suddenly forced to serve the Canary Islands on major longhaul flights.

4. If I wanted to go from the Canary Islands down to Ghana in mid-West Africa in 1966, which airline should I call ? Airline and aircraft type.
Answered : British United One-Eleven

5. If I wanted to go nonstop from the Canary Islands to San Juan, Puerto Rico in 1966, which airline should I call ? Airline and aircraft type. Answered : Iberia DC8

6. Bristol Britannias flew cargo flights for several years around 1970 from the Canary Islands to Britain. What was the cargo ? Answer : Potatoes

Last edited by WHBM; Oct 26, 2020 at 4:06 am