FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Welcome gift or points
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:46 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lazygrad
I've had at least gold status since the beginning of the year, but I haven't been offered nor received an Elite Welcome gift or bonus points. I just saw on the Choice site that there would be 100-250 points upon check in. I have IHG status and always got welcome points there. Is this something that's outdated on the site or never implemented? Would I have any luck calling and asking for these points for my stays this year?
Of all of the major hotel loyalty programs, Choice may be the worst at acknowledging your loyalty status, much less rewarding you for it. I think it's fair to say that more than half of my Choice stays involve no recognition of my status level at check-in. This isn't a huge problem for me, because I'm really not a status guy, but a corollary of such a trend is that it's also unlikely you'll get any associated status benefits when the hotel doesn't even recognize your status level at check-in.