FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rio de Janeiro Hilton options
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:10 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Rio de Janeiro Hilton options

Was going to post this in the Brazilian discussion thread ... and then I realized the last post there was from 2013 so wasn't sure if I should revive it -- mods, of course please merge it if appropriate.

Going to be visiting a client's 3 offices in Brazil next month -- visited this client in a few other countries but Brazil is new territory for me. One office in Sao Paulo is no brainier -- Hilton is about a 20-25 minute walk down the street (look, ma, no turns required) .

First office in Rio de Janiero, actually where I'll be spending the most of my time, is even closer to the Hilton Rio de Janeiro Barra.
Last stop in Rio -- maybe 3/4 of a day out of the entire trip -- is only about a 1 kilometre from the Hilton Copacabana ...

Not knowing anything about the relative merits/qualities of the Brazilian properties, if you were in my position would you just do the entire stay at the Barra property or spend one night at the Copacabana property?

On one hand I like the idea of one less pack/unpack cycle for this trip -- and given the state of the world at the moment I'm not going to be playing tourist -- on the other hand with a name as well known as Copacabana it seems like I should just do it while I'm there