FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Pre-flight COVID Testing for SFO-Hawai'i (and other destinations)
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:26 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
For those flying to Hawaii on United today and in the days ahead, I'd be curious what Hawaii-specific announcements they make in the boarding area and on-board, if any, to prepare you for what's in store upon landing.

Do they remind everyone to complete the Safe Traveler form on their electronic device before boarding?

For people traveling to Kona or Hilo, do they point out you'll be arrested at the airport for not completing mandatory COVID testing upon landing?

Before COVID, I encountered many UA flights to the islands that weren't very compliant with the old agricultural declaration form process. There were many times in the 6 months before COVID where we flew without paperwork on-board, only to be stuck on the plane/ramp upon landing for an agent to deliver the paperwork for people to fill-out before deplaning. With threats of arrest for not having a QR code, getting a second test, and the overall new/unique travel process, I'm curious what UA is doing above/beyond texting/emailing people to get a test before departure.