FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Dutch restrictions - KLM lounge
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:45 am
The_Bouncer
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
I have heard that the virus does not have a schengen visa so it cannot go into the KLM schengen lounge, and that is why self serve beer is still available in that lounge. Also as mentioned above it hates coffee so stays well clear of the self serve coffee machines, but loves to hang around on the self serve beer taps in the non schengen lounge.

I know BA are offering cans of beer in their lounge self serve, presumably AF are too, why can KLM not start offering cans of heineken? That would be a good compromise no?
I don't know about it not having a Schengen visa. I suspect it just doesn't want to self isolate on arrival, so hasn't bothered to clear immigration.

Interesting that it doesn't go near the coffee machine, but it hangs around on the beer taps. It is also often seen in pubs, night clubs and hotel executive lounges. There is only one explanation. It is an alcoholic virus and needs to be put in a rehab program. Maybe it might learn how to behave itself then.

On a serious note, maybe the Priority Pass Lounge no. 41 might be a viable alternative? Does anyone know whether it still has its smoking room?