FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keeping safe on a short road trip
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:15 am
corky
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
I pump gas weekly - mask and gloves and hand sanitizer, since gas pumps don’t seem to have Apple Pay or contactless credit card prompts. Grrrr. I use cloth gloves and wash after a single use. I bought “glove liners” on amazon in April and they’re great.

and having read your post, I’ll suggest staying home and not bothering to travel. Use the vacation money to buy some new pillows or clothes or towels and enjoy the new things.
Why would you discourage squeakr from taking a road trip?
I think the suggestions on here are good. I don't consider gas stations to be any more dangerous than inside a store but I do keep gloves in my car and wear them throughout the transaction from using my credit card to pumping gas and then I peel them off and dispose (of course, I wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when I get back in my car. I probably only get gas once or twice a month since I don't go anywhere but wouldn't hesitate if I had to get it more often. It sounds like squeakr has been very careful since March so I am sure if they apply the same caution to all that they do and plan ahead, a short trip would be ok.