FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sprint to Silver. Go for Gold. Progress to Platinum
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:07 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
I don't think there is anything unusual about how the T&Cs of this promotion were presented.
yes , there is something unusual , cause the main point is to book through a specific unknown 3rd party channel

LCAH / ALL used to do lot of sales promo for various targets and markets under different conditions , but with them i got used to the fact that , while minor specific details are specified in the T&C , the main points would be included in the materials used to communicate this offer (mail + website) , even in small characters on the bottom

That's how you play fair with your customers . . Or if you dont care then do not expect loyalty from them anymore and do not complain if you are going bankrupt

anyway , i guess their marketing department screwed up a bit on that case , or the managers decided to do it this way

i used to stay in ALL hotels but it was booked through 3rd parties which offer often similar prices than direct booking . i stopped doing it cause its useless to add a middleman who don't bring any additional value for the hotels , which are under lot of pressure from all sides and are useful to travel/tourism industry

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I mean, arent exceptions and rules generally buried in the T&C's? If you go through life not reading T&C's, you're going to have a bad time.
doing it a bit never kills , but many companies are playing with that fact , making T&C as long and complex as they can to make people accept whatever they want

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 15, 2020 at 6:32 am