FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Dutch restrictions - KLM lounge
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2020, 3:14 am
flyertalker28120
Suspended

Originally Posted by maalloc
Going back to the lounge offering topic, while I will agree that uninhibited pax are more likely to relax their behaviour, and that it could present a problem (it already did before Covid), I would still like to see some consistency.
I'm sure there soon will be. At least if they haven't shut down completely in a few weeks due to lack of passengers. October traffic in Europe is going to be catastrophically low. Not as low as in April/May, but certainly some of the faint recovery is going to be reversed.

I hear you that some rules are not 100% based on hard evidence. Not just governmental rules, but KL also has to make some things up as they go along. But a super-spreading event in one of their AMS lounges would not be good for their image. If they get the feeling people in their lounges don't adhere to the scientifically completely uncontroversial mask/hygience/distancing rules, they might feel the need to come up with additional rules. And that may appear arbitrary at times.

I haven't been at KL's AMS lounge this month. But in the previous months, I def noticed a subset of people which didn't follow the rules..

Last edited by flyertalker28120; Oct 15, 2020 at 3:21 am