FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MGallery Athens Capital Centre : a superb Accor address in Athens
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:03 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
MGallery Athens Capital Centre : a superb Accor address in Athens

Introduction This hotel is brand new (opened beginning of september). Finally a very decent hotel downtown Athens. Great boutique hotel in a perfect location, just in front of the Hotel Grande Bretagne (an iconic hotel of Athens) at Parliament (Syntagma) square . I stayed there for 2 nights last weekend and weather was great (27°C)Obviously, for a brand new hotel, everything is immaculate. Immediately when you enter the lobby, you have a sense of luxury. There is a café in the main lobby and they have some outdoor tables in the street. Check In I was very nicely welcomed as a Diamond member. Drink voucher was given and I was informed I was upgraded from Deluxe to Junior suite. This is one level up. Maybe they could have done better on that knowing that the hotel was certainly not full, although I believe the occupancy rate seemed to be decent (good for them, so quickly after opening and during such a terrible period for hotels). The front desk agent explained me all the facilities and bar/restaurants of the hotel. The gym, during covid, needs advanced booking for a 45 min slot. She asked me if I was needing a late checkout. I requested 3 pm and it was granted. An important information : in the 2020 hotel opening thread, I mentioned that I saw on Accor website that the hotel had a Club Lounge but I had doubt seeing that this lounge was nowhere mentioned on the hotel webpage. The front desk agent did not mention a lounge in her explanations about the hotel, so I asked her and she said there was no lounge. I showed her the Accor site mentioning a lounge and she was really puzzled. Too bad sincerely that they havent done along in this beautiful hotel. Nice corridors and staircase. Room Room was very nice and large, plenty of daylight. Room amenities include safety box, bathrobes, slippers, Espresso machine (Lilly), water (free), well stocked minibar. Sound proofing was perfect. Large bathroom with a huge walk-in shower. Toiletry products are in bulk unfortunately but a Clarins soap and a medium size vial of Eau Dynamisante Clarins are offered. Fifteen minutes after being in the room, they bring me 2 plates of salty and sweet snacks and a bottle of (very good) Greek white wine. There was also a small bottle of olive oil (as welcome gift I suppose). Good Diamond treatment overall so far. Pool, bar and dining Time to go to the pool (open from 9am to 7 pm) on the roof (10th floor). On the rooftop you have the pool and a bar and lunch restaurant. Pool is not huge but of very decent size. You have a wonderful view on Athens and on Acropolis/Parthenon just behind the Hotel de Grande Bretagne. Beautiful at sunset. From the pool, you can see one floor below (9th) some rooms having a nice terrace. As per the hotel webpage, it corresponds to Executive Suites. Several were booked as per what I could see from the pool. Not too many loungers around the pool, so it can be full quickly (especially when you have the kind of guests of place a towel and a book on it and disappear for 2 hours…) On the 9th floor, you find the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner. There is an outdoor section.Top quality menu is proposed for dinner (great food). As an example here below : amuse bouche (beef tartare), tuna and salmon carpaccio, tortellinis carbonara. Overall Overall a great MGallery hotel. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to return.