FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer in DOH with checked bag on separate PNRs
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:22 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by daway12
brunos , thanks for the advice to call. I did call Qatar and they said usually not an issue having two one-way tickets when checking in but that this is currently not allowed under their Covid rules. I gave the rep my booking info for both legs on Qatar (MLE to DOH and DOH to DFW). After being put on hold for awhile he said he should be able to make it work but needed to send a request to management and for me to call back tomorrow to get an updated or new confirmation number. My onward ticket is the next available flight but is an award ticket with AA (I merely could not find award space all the was through) so from my perspective, seems very reasonable that I am not trying to enter Qatar. However, evidently this is still an issue, or at least is with the agent to spoke with today. Will update after calling them again tomorrow.
In the current covid situation, States have issued strict guidelines that airlines have to follow to the letter, even if the spirit of your request is obviously good.
It is a good idea to get QR management involved. If they OK it, they will write a message in your booking that the check-in agent in MLE can apply confidently.

Good luck.