FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Microsoft TEAMS call in flight?
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:19 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by carlosdca
late at night on the weekends , yes, which is the scenario discussed.
Late at night, in most cities of the world, there are people that have had a few drinks and are loud.
I did not say stumbling around or to the point of blacking out, that's not ok.
I see a lot of people on their way or coming back from having fun on a weekend night in the metros (mass public transportation) of Berlin, Amsterdam, etc . They are not intentionally planning to bother other people.
I don't think anybody is making a generalized statement that getting drunk and boarding metros is ok

Again, it is a matter of courtesy and etiquette.

You want to have a loud conversation on your next 7am flight to DFW and annoy the whole cabin? Fine, go ahead if you can and you want. "It is a free country". You are being "that guy", FYI and the rest of the annoyed pax are "insert your adjective of choice here (petty, ridiculous, etc). That's cool. It is all good .
​​​
​​
I would be annoyed by both types of people. It doesn't matter whether they are intentionally being loud or not, it is still annoying.

Originally Posted by 757FO
I think the issue would be 2-way conversation more than just watching. Having said that, I suspect you may be killing the bandwidth for others, as it is a shared service. My guess is that if the wi-fi slowed down considerably, one of the FA's would re-boot the system, to see if that fixes it, which may end up interrupting your session. Also, I may be wrong, but I don't believe you can use a streaming service in-flight?

My only concern as a captain is that the rules be respected and followed, and that my passengers and crew are safe. If someone is causing a disruption in the cabin, and won't stop, and it comes to my attention, you can bet there will be police waiting when we land.
If there are issues with bandwidth, this is something the network should be able to adjust, not by having a crew member guess which device is using the most bandwidth. Why would the police be waiting? Please tell me what crime you would be reporting, someone being on MS Teams against your orders? If AA decided they didn't want people to have MS Team meetings onboard AA could stop, assuming they are also going to be disallowing VPN, because unless you block VPN, there is no way to no which sites, etc, are being used.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 12, 2020 at 9:27 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts