FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:03 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'd rather deal with neither, I just think I'm going to be off the map for all of this for quite some time.
Even then, work opportunities might take years to come back to pre Covid levels and I don't fancy going through the whole status thing all over again. If I go out from this, I'm staying out and just going with cheapest and best routings in the future. Sounds like a cop out, but I reckon I won't have much choice realistically.

As for bankruptcy, I have maintained from the beginning (perhaps not too vocally here, but if yes, then my apologies) that a total reset could be a good thing. We need something new and adapted to the 2000s onward and not something still basically lodged in the 1950s. The whole air travel world needs to re-evaluated including, obviously, the whole climate thing but also the impact of endless mass tourism.

Talking about bankruptcies, and very much concerning mileage runs for XPs, it seems that the last call has finally sounded for Alitalia. That is a real shame not only because of cheap XP runs, but also because I quite like Alitalia. I can tell you, whatever they put in its place will not last for long, I can just feel it.