FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Premiere routes
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:53 am
AshleyB

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by brunos
This is clearly one more bad news for airlines flying into NY
I flew to JFK in Première yesterday (3 out of 4 seats occupied) with the usual superb crew and service. The mezzanine lounge is just fine, if sparsely occupied. They (AF P lounge staff) said the renovations of the Salon Première should be finished by the end of November - in theory. The chef de cabine told me that traffic in P to JFK continues to be quite satisfactory. Indeed, on my flight yesterday there was a total of around 50 or so passengers, so P was the (relatively) best selling cabin!

As for the 'Quarantine Regulations', it was really a joke. I was handed a form to fill in on the plane asking the usual questions as to my address while staying in the US. At no time was I told that there was an App available. Upon arrival at the totally empty Terminal 1 the man meeting me off the plane did not seem too bothered about the Quarantine form. Upon exiting the Customs Hall there was a woman sitting at a table playing on her phone. She did not even look up from her phone as we walked right by her. I went back and handed her my fairly illegibly filled in form. She simply placed it on a pile of other forms and went back to her phone, no questions asked. All in all not very impressive. Still, New York has one of the lowest rates of infection in the US I am told.