FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Announcing Week of Wonders: Awe-inspiring offers and experiences October 8–15
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:55 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arjen05
Doesn't seem to be limited to EMEA

"Redeem free nights for up to 33% fewer points at thousands of participating hotels and resorts, including The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba; W Aspen; St. Regis Bali Resort; Saint Hotel Key West, Autograph Collection; and many more."
I'm guessing that this may really only be referencing that some hotels might now have 'off-peak' award pricing which can provide up to 33% fewer points from standard pricing.

But the question is if Marriott is actually moving hotels into the 'off-peak' award category as part of this "promotion". I've checked a few places where I have some travel plans and so far, I'm not seeing anything different than I've been seeing the last few months (i.e. where there was standard award pricing, its still there, where there was point-saver awards, its still there, etc.) So I haven't been able to see where award pricing has just been reduced anywhere. (But of course that doesn't mean it hasn't been modified anywhere, just the places/dates I checked.)

So far as I can tell, and I've love to be wrong, this whole "promotion" seems to be total Marketing fluff. Nothing is changing except that Marriott is trying to "market" their offerings to make it look like they have this great new limited time promotion going on.