FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:13 pm
general45
Original Member

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If that's a FULL menu, what do you call a menu that's fuller than that?

Ie, it may be "full" in terms of what you can order from the chef, but it's not as full of choices of the things that used to be at the buffet. At the typical HGI buffet, you could choose which of various fruits in various bowls to mix to what degree, but this ordering off a "full" menu sheet doesn't give you that option. Nor does it give the option of scooping out however much you want of plain yogurt and then putting your fruit in there; the only yogurt these days tends to be pre-packaged with one fruit or another already pre-mixed.
Actually, the “FULL” breakfast can be customized anyway you want it. I wanted a fruit salad with melon, grapes, oranges and pineapple.That’s what I got. I ordered poached eggs well done. That’s what I got. My grandson wanted blueberries mixed into his dish of vanilla yogurt. That’s what he got. It might have been pre-packaged for all I know, but it came out on real china and blueberries were added. The waitstaff takes your order at your table rather than at the cook station and delivers it to your table. All the varieties of pastries and breads were available, just like at the full buffet. What I was attempting to say (and I know you are the king of information and fact checking on this forum, respectfully) was that anything you used to order during pre-covid, was available again and they customized your breakfast anyway you wanted it. I have been frequenting this hotel since it opened and have always been taken care of. Many of the staff are like family to me. My son’s wedding was held there. What I was trying to say before your remarks was that this hotel was working on offering their guests as much of a full hotel experience as they could even during the lock downs my state is still enforcing. They are performing more normally than what I have experienced at other properties.