FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for award tickets on cancelled flights
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:20 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Of course... the miles & taxes back is a given. Even if they act difficult returning it.

My question is more on the compensation front. There is compensation for flights cancelled less than 2 weeks out - base fare + fuel etc. upto a max of 20k a part from refunding the full cost of the ticket.

I want to know what the comp is for award tickets - if any. I have 5 people on the ticket - so it might be a good chuck of change. And given current ticket costs - if there is decent compensation - it could cover buying revenue tickets today - thus saving me the miles. So I want to know my rights in this situation.

How hard I will have to fight to get the miles & the comp is going to be the next discussion thread once I figure this part out.
given the overall travel climate these days, i would be very surprised if they were to give you any compensation at all....