FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agoda Hotel Booking Problem
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2020, 10:27 am
Claus22
Suspended

Agoda cancels right away

Originally Posted by mcbg1
I was planning on going to Iceland next month and I booked a crazy cheap hotel deal on Agoda almost a year ago. The booking is non-refundable. With this whole coronavirus situation, my flights got cancelled and I cannot make it to Iceland.

Agoda won't help me with my booking. All they can do is cancel my booking and AFTER contact the hotel to see if they can make an exception and refund my money. If the hotel says no, I'm out of luck.

I contacted the hotel directly and all they can offer is a voucher for the value of my stay. Given that their normal rate is 3-4 times more expensive than what I paid, I don't think this is fair as I could just lose my money and book at a different hotel for less. Would it be fair to ask for a voucher worth the amount of nights I paid for instead?
Curious if your agoda cancelled yours for free.
In my experience Agoda cancellation process is supper easy these days. They don't charge cancellation at all, I cancelled two "no cancellation/refund" booking for the past 3 months and they cancel it right away without charging my card.