FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fistfight on Seoul-Seattle flight
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:05 pm
t_cliff

Programs: Skypass, IHG
From the Seattle Times article, wow.

1) Other passengers should have absolutely joined to help restraining the guy.
2) Is Korean still this tone deaf on PR?

“Suddenly this flight attendant comes running up to me, ‘Sir, I need your help, please,’ ” said Parente, of San Diego. “I run up and he’s kicking and trying to open the cockpit door. It’s your worst post-9/11 nightmare. “

Parente said the other man was about his own size and when the two of them started punching each other in the space of a business-class seat, “it was total madness.”

He said the other passengers did not get out of their seats, and it surprised him to find he was the “first line of defense.”

“I’m not saying you need to have armed guards on planes, but at the same time this was a very dangerous situation that could have been worse,” he said.

Korean Air said in an email that it routinely trains crew members how to subdue unruly passengers, including with a Taser. Korean Air also said that it doesn’t “hire people by their size and we trust all our crews are capable enough to conduct safety actions.”

“Unruly passengers are a broader issue that should be dealt with (by) airport and law enforcement authorities. We will continue to discuss with relevant stakeholders to eliminate such cases.”