FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holidays [using LUX as a starting point]
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:29 am
Radiation Station

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I haven't checked this, but I have a feeling that LUX is different to say BRU (which currently has some interesting fares too). I don't think BAH offer LUX as a starting point for their trips. The reason is that within Europe the legal framework for package holidays varies slightly from country to country, and for smaller countries it's just not worth going through all the due diligence for a handful of passengers. There is an overarching set of protections for package holidays within the European Union, but in distinction to flight protections, the decision was made to devolve a lot of the operations down under the subsidiarity principle.

Just start from BRU instead.
Yes, I tried the complex holiday itinerary and still couldn’t book a BA holiday starting from LUX. I booked from BRU for a trip next August. I did manage to construct BRU-LHR-BOS-LHR-LUX but it saved a handful of euros for my dates. It’s easier for me to get to BRU from Newcastle way, so BRU made sense.