FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA International Inventory - CDG-DFW- Makes No Sense
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:39 pm
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by jpschoubert
OK - worked for a major airline in sales for many years, and I have to admit, I don't get this. Someone please explain. Needed a OW from CDG-DFW on Wednesday, we must have been 20+ passengers on a B777 (I know nice but sad). The seats are unavailable for sale. Same as all of next week, if you check AA.com, economy is sold out for a OW ticket (unless you use FF miles - which I ended up doing), yet the cabin is wide open, very wide open. So then I thought ok, must be cargo (weight & balance) - but no, we only used 1/2 the runway. Unless it is some government controlled limitation, these flights are operating at a HUGE loss. Please send your hypothesis here... Thanks
Looks like a point of sale issue. If you purchase the one-way CDG-DFW from the US, the cheapest fare is in PE (seats are available in Y if you choose "Flexible" fares, but for more $). If you change the Location setting on AAs website to France, and are then able to find a way to purchase a ticket, you can get more reasonable one-way fares in Y (looks like around 800 EUR for next week).