FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:58 am
JessicaB

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by TTmex
The catering will be reduced, as you are aware. I'd say plan ahead like many above and book yourself a F&M lunch to take or one of the other Heathrow options. I'm flying 11 hours in December into the London and reading here, I'm already aware that if I want something decent then best to prep it at home or find something at the airport. Why did I choose BA for that flight? not the catering, but the direct flight to London with no connections and the possibility to sit in 1A and be as far away from people as poss. Catering improvement would be a bonus, but I'm not going fly via Asia to get it. US was an alternative route, but if you read elsewhere, even AA are serving up economy meals in First. Lufthansa may also have full service, but I don't want to fly to Germany while sat next to someone in business, then have to hope my connecting flight is even running. As disappointed at the catering I am, having mentioned up thread and perhaps thought BA were shooting themselves in the food, I have come to think people are way overestimating the value people are placing on catering right now. In normal times it is a key factor for some, but we're not in normal times. I'm just hoping this December I can get back to my family, having booked a whole month in the UK to ensure I have 14 days to Q before seeing my parents who are in their 70s. I'd take a stale cheese sandwich any day if it meant my flight operated and I get to see them for the first time in a year.
In my case I have to go via Madrid, there is no other route open to me to get where I am going which would allow me to transit, BA suspended my route in April and no sign of it coming back anytime soon. Iberia has no lounges open in Madrid and I have a 3 hour layover there and by most accounts very few options to get food. I'm sure I will manage, but the whole reason for my trip is to try and work a plan for the hotel I own which has been closed down for months, so it's already a nightmare. I agree we can come up with workarounds, but this is just making a stressful situation worse.