FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:39 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JessicaB
So if you're flying for essential reasons, it's OK to be given terrible catering? I guess that those of us who do fly for essential reasons (ie business or family commitments) are probably more frequent flyers so we of all people should be taken most care of shouldn't we?
I can only speak for myself, but if you are a regular traveller, and use other airlines too, I think you quickly get used to a greatly reduced operation across the board, not just catering. I am grateful that anything that vaguely works, in the current climate. It certainly means having to plan a bit more and work through the various constraints, of which catering is just one of many. Far, far, far more annoying than catering - for me at least - is the constant changes and cancellations to schedules. I think the lack of catering actually annoys irregular travellers more, those who want to enjoy the experience of business cabins and pay for it. That's severely interupted at the moment, and will probably remain so for a few more months at least.