FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC partners with McMaster HealthLabs & GTAA on Volunteer COVID Testing at YYZ
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:08 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rankourabu
That's not good. It won't be seen as <1%. It will be seen as "hundreds of cases" to keep the fear mongering and quarantine in place
​​​​​​So for this limited 13k case study, 1% likely means ~100 tested positive immediately and ~25 were undetected. (If it was half a percent I think they'd have said so to paint a better picture).

"Missing" 2/10ths of a percent is about one person per AC HD widebody. Even catching 8/10ths of a percent is about 4 people per flight.

I assume a normal YYZ arrival day is 10x? 20x? higher than 13k, so there are your hundreds of missed cases and thousands of rapid test positive arrivals will then be using what type of transportation to their quarantine home?

The initial missed 2/10th of a percent could be from exposure that occurred on the flight or at an airport. That may portray a safer not to travel argument.

To test everyone at YYZ would a monumental workload with hours of bottlenecks for arriving passengers. I've been at YYZ during peak arrival time to see the customs arrivals hall backed up all the way to the escalators, causing a hazard requiring the emergency stop button to be used. Then throw in some extra widebody diversions from other cities due to winter weather....
​​​​​​
​​​​​​