FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VCE-LHR-MIA - mini report
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:33 am
flying_geek

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
Generally, any idea that a crew member is flirting is either misinterpretation or wishful thinking.
I had an AA flight attendant write me little notes on napkins with the drinks. And I would reply with answers on them - she would "refill" the drink every couple of minutes with new notes... definitely not a misinterpretation (granted - almost 20 years and 15 kg ago). Eventually we had a nice chat on the jump seats for a good 2-3 hours - after a napkin strongly suggesting that would be more efficient than just writing napkins. The first napkin read: "We hate 2A and C - thank you for smiling at us" - it became clearer with each napkin.

Maybe 10 years ago an OS flight attendant asked me if I was interested in "checking out" the crew rest upstairs on a 777 since she was going on a break now - I was too shy and declined - something I on occasion when thinking about it - regret.

An Aeroflot FA gave me note with her phone number before deplaning suggesting she'd be happy to show me the city - this one could have been more of a commercial offer I suppose.

Still, I had a couple of conversations where the FA asked where I was staying and adding where the crew was staying with offers to "let me into the crew lounge". While I am admittedly awful at that sort of thing and be the first to acknowledge that I might easily misinterpret things - the AA and the OS stories above were blatantly clear so that even I am sure I understood.