FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amazon Dash Cameras
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:05 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Error 601
I recently had a very strange encounter with another motorist in a Safeway parking lot, whether this woman was crazy or it was some sort of attempted shakedown I am not entirely sure but she was screaming that she caught it all on her dash cam and she was going to the police.

At no point was I anywhere near her car and ten days later I have not heard from the police, so whatever I guess.

But it unsettled me enough to think about a dash camera and it looks like something I can spend anywhere from $30 to $300 on and of course when you're dealing with "Alizon" practically everything is an unknown Chinese brand and the same device is for sale under half a dozen different names with as many different prices and presumably fake reviews.

Of all the vendors the only one I have heard of is Aukey because I have one of their USB charges on my bedside table.

Does anyone have any positive or negative first-hand experiences with these Amazon cameras?

There are a couple local stores where I am living these days that sell dash cameras but they're just selling the same Chinese devices as Amazon for a substantial markup.
I’ve had a few of these over the last 4 years. I’d get the higher resolution cameras. One problem I had is in the blistering AZ sun, the windshield adhesive would stop holding, and it would plop to the floor.

Most cameras require a separate memory card. The last I bought a year ago was $40-50. I’d probably wait until Prime Day next month, or Black Friday to look for real deals.