FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hit 1K (again) = Why shouldn't I become a COVID free agent?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 11:07 am
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beachmouse
How strong is the anti-Delta resolve? Because they are doing some nice things with MQM rollover into next year if you can get Silver that make it easy to then get Gold and the potentially useful Sky Team Elite+ status though the end of 2022
I inherited my mother's strong will and/or stubbornness. I swore I'd never fly Delta again on August 23, 2004 (sometime between 2:01 and 10:21PM Eastern time if you want to get specific). I won't say "never=never" -- a sufficient amount of wooing or obtaining monopoly status could always change things -- but...I'd say it's a pretty strong resolve; I've gone far enough out of my way to avoid DL thus far that I don't see myself changing. I feel like OW status would be potentially more useful than ST, based on where I go and where I see myself going, but to be honest that is a pure gut feeling, and I think the true utility of either is relatively limited as a mostly domestic bird (not by choice)