FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC biz class yyz-hnd $2390CAD return till end of season except Olympic period
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:39 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Booked YYZ-HND-YYZ for $1932 (with a 20% discount). Don't think I have ever seen Asia fares this low in J.
This fare is not so spectacular, Air Canada has been offering relatively cheap J ex-YVR for awhile before the virus, some of us made some rather creative routings to maintain UA status.

Originally Posted by SST
I wouldn't touch a new itinerary offered by Air Canada no matter how reasonable the fare seems. These crooks have $6100 of mine for a transatlantic trip scheduled in a week, which has been cancelled by them, and refuse to refund the fare. They are insisting on a $468 per ticket "change fee", or that I take a crummy voucher that requires me to buy a NEW $6100 itinerary or lose the balance of the voucher over anything I use it for. Criminals! For example, if I wanted to use my voucher for this flight, I'd be out $4000+ in value---- in effect, I would have bought the flight for $6100. Gangsters! Beware any dealings with Air Canada while they hold this "refund policy".
Off topic for this thread, but did you take them to small claims court in SF? That might be worth a look, it's a $50 bet they won't show up in court and you get a default judgement which you can take to their airport ticket office with the Sheriff and get your money. If they changed the refund policy AFTER you bought the ticket, the court may order them to adhere to the original policy which might have allowed for a cash refund in the same circumstances.