FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:59 pm
scibot

Hmm well Price Chopper in the Kansas City area has four families who run it. Two families use NCR and two use Toshiba. The two who use NCR support contactless but its still msd only with RXXX on the receipts. The two families who use Toshiba systems are problematic with contactless. A Queen location didn't work at all seems like they might be running old software or they didn't press the right button to enable contactless. I thought I saw the nfc dots but it they didn't show up when I went to that register. The other run by the McKeever family has contactless working but only with a contactless card as it would not read two different phones. Reference: H so its running newer software. Both have the same looking receipts too. Self checkout hardware is the new the Toshiba Self Checkout System 7 which I haven't seen before. Only says Please Insert or Slide Card: https://imgur.com/a/OIVgMiz before the card button is pressed then it changes to this: https://imgur.com/a/tmQwvdU I guess that is what happens when you don't have an IT team like Safeway/Albertsons to fix it. I'm going to see if I can contact Price Chopper and see if they can look into fixing it. Another Toshiba system closer to me had issues forcing you to tap twice but that is the only bug I've seen on that system. Harmons Grocery in Utah doesn't seem to have these issues at all though. Ugh Toshiba TCX Pay really still isn't too contactless friendly without first fixing all these issues. So its very very good that Kroger is waiting to fix any bugs before rolling it out to all locations.

Originally Posted by tmiw
Speaking of gas stations, the area Pilot location still doesn't have working outside contactless. Additionally, the Lane/7000s inside didn't seem to immediately read my UNFCU contactless card (despite the display indicating I could tap at any time) until the cashier presumably pushed something on his end. It ran as EMV contactless, though, albeit with no PIN prompted on my card (possibly because I tapped when the total was known, or perhaps due to online PIN on contactless being disabled).

BTW, Pilot's the first place I'm aware of with a specific "Skip" button for the ZIP code prompt (as shown below). However, they're possibly doing BIN validation as it re-displayed the ZIP code prompt after my attempted skip. I imagine it may very well go through without ZIP entry if one were to use a non-US card.
Well Pilot was supposed to have working contactless as the pump by now but it doesn't at all. I wonder if it worked at some point. The Lane/7000 seems to work really poorly as well it reads contactless very slowly and then forces pin on debit contactless. They use NCR Retalix for gas stations which is also used by Casey's General Store but with L5300s currently. Interesting that is has a skip on the zip code prompt on the pumps though.

Last edited by scibot; Sep 28, 2020 at 10:07 pm