FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keep cleared AA upgrades after crediting flight to Alaska?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:49 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
If I clear the upgrade list at T48 and then call to credit my flight to Alaska before the flight will I loose my upgrade? I don’t have status with Alaska just AA.
FT thread---> Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
Wiki extract
NOTE: If switching from AAdvantage to another scheme's FFN, please be aware: Benefitting from a privilege granted for your AAdvantage status and changing your FFN to earn on another airline is generally prohibited by AAdvantage Terms and Conditions. Doing so might risk that benefit (e.g. upgrade).

From the AAdvantage Terms and Conditions (link)

Earning AAdvantage Miles

"You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage number to obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers or complimentary access to Preferred/Main Cabin Extra seats. Additionally, you cannot redeem partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number and obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as priority boarding and access to preferred seats."