FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kimpton Fitzroy London Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:37 am
Tomh65

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Kimpton Fitzroy London re-opening from 21 September.
Accepting bookings already.
just stayed on a free certificate night for one night in king park view. As spire (Amb) no upgrade available, given the £15 voucher, no mention of discount and no social hour due to Covid. Given 1000 points for Kimpton password. Service terrible, only palm court open, v limited menu, I had the burger, wife had the club sandwich, food didn’t come, asked where it was, apologies then it arrived instantly. The burger hand the been cooked, was cold and raw, the club sandwich was incredibly dry, the toast had turned into a crouton. They comped the burger and due to the bar closing at 10 (new UK Covid rules) they could serve it in the bar. Breakfast was a disaster, no service, multiple orders placed, nothing came, then wrong orders of both drinks and food twice, then when food came inedible, omelette had raw egg white on top etc, manager came and apologised and comped it. Due to delays in breakfast, (we started at 10:30) we finished at 13:00, we were after our checkout at 12:00. Manager assured us in the restaurant, that he would let the front desk know. Get the room, surprise the door card had timed out. Back to reception to be told that we were beyond our check out time! Started to loose my sense of humour again at this point and she apologised reset the card and off we went. Overall beautiful building but truly dismal service for very low occupancy (20% is what reception at checkin stated) although hotel only partially open. I would strongly think twice!