FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2020, 8:47 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomad420
Four Season Hualalai accepting reservations 12/15 but from what I saw of the property I suspect it will only be a partial reopening. Much construction go on with 2 of the pools currently being resurfaced. They recently replaced the roof on the Beach House restaurant but it reportedly just opened again. New units being constructed at the north end of the property are no where near completed so I suspect they will not be able to book the rooms near the construction. They are offering incentive to book there in December which in the past was unthinkable but I would still inquire about what is available and what is closed.
Hualalai reopens 12/1 ...and thats when their restaurants will reopen too. They promise to have resort facilities back up and running by then, so we'll see. They do have very reasonable kama'ainna rates up in December; I booked a handful of days which came in under 50% rack rate and includes breakfast for two at Ulu.

They replaced the roofs of all the buuldings last fall. If they need to be repaired/replaced so often, they should ditch the cedar shingles and copper.