FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I miss you guys!
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:28 am
jackr27

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
This is a great thread!

We sound in a similar situation hotel_user! I just got my plastic residency permit this week in place of the paper card thing. I guess at least I have a proper ID here now. The 'B' word has been banned in this household.

I am in Valencia and thus far the situation is not as bad as Madrid or Barcelona, but I'm not counting on that lasting as we head for winter. Sadly, Accor in Spain is pretty irritating, because yes, outside of Madrid and Barcelona there aren't really any properties which interest me. I like the Mercure in San Sebastián (primarily because I am happy just to sit on the balcony and watch the view) but I ended up cancelling my trip to Bilbao last month because I wasn't convinced with all the restrictions how much fun it'd be. It was still being fairly pricey despite everything.

I did manage to get in a trip to Bali this year (and managed to get the last Cathay flight out in March before they suspended the route...) which was all Accor. Apart from that it has just been Ibis and MGallery in Prague.

I'd like it if Accor had some properties by the beach in Spain. I need to stay one night this year to get the bonus nights to reach Platinum. I am thinking about the new Mercure in Malta since flights from Valencia are permitted there without quarantine or a PCR test (at the moment). Apart from that, I can't really think where I would be able to go (that interests me) before the end of the year. I miss Madrid! I used to regularly go for the weekend (I really like the Novotel Madrid Center) but goodness knows when I'll be back there again. My last time was New Year at the party the Novotel were having... seems very strange now.

I was thinking about going to a Melia somewhere in Spain, but I don't like their loyalty scheme. It's a waste of time to be honest.