FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:32 am
BertieBadger

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by crombiestone
So this is the latest reply from BA !"Thanks for getting back in contact regarding the 12 Month Tier extension.

As you are aware, we are currently adding 12 months extra onto Executive Club memberships. The 12-month extension benefit is aimed at our members who have taken little or no flights due to Coronavirus.

As you earned enough Tier Points to renew at Silver, it is not necessary for us to apply a 12-month status extension to your account."

Firstly I did not renew at silver I earned from blue to silver . This was one return trip in J so I am by definition someone who has taken a little number of flights ....5 to be exact . Secondly they sent me the E Mail to say that I would be extended and now they are refusing ! Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get past basic CS who have sent me 5 different replies to the same query ? Is there a lurker on here can help ? I feel I need a different tack .
I wish I could give you a more positive and helpful answer than this is going to be, but I can only suggest continually trying. As I've stated before, it is tempting to become frustrated with the replies, especially where they contain obviously incorrect information but I always try to remind myself that the agent is only tasked with explaining the inept plan that management decided upon then (even more frustratingly) determined to double down on regardless of the weight of complaints and ill will that their position generates.

As you have seen, the current rationale that they are giving for refusing extensions is that you don't "need" them. You will join many others in wondering where that rather important caveat appeared in the original email or linked FAQ that proclaimed all members will benefit (It still does). You may indeed choose to ask them about that although I would not hold out hope of a meaningful reply in that respect.

This rationale also doesn't match what they are actually doing, they are handing out extensions to people who not only obtained their tier, but the next (or further) one up! This is of course, the group you fall into.

I would suggest that your best angle of attack is to lay out the progression of your expiry date that should have happened - from your earlier post you obviously understand that - and point out that it hasn't happened. BAEC responses like to make a great play on denying things on the basis of fairness, so you can turn that back on them and point out that everyone else in your position was awarded the extension and enquire why are you being treated differently, although I would possibly save that for a further reply if needed.

I can't give you any confidence that trying again will produce another outcome. It's probably a fool's errand. However, if you can spare a few moments to write back then if nothing else it would:

- keep the complaint open, and add to the overall weight of them. There may be some dashboard somewhere that finally reaches a tipping point.
- provide some amusement to yourself and here seeing what logical knots they can twist themselves into justifying why they are declining to honour their offer.

I'd try an approach with the dates, see if that gets you any traction.
Good luck!