FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:47 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by DangerM55
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me... Booked First LHR > DAR for October and flight was cancelled back in June . I called immediately and requested a refund but never got any confirmation emails etc. I tried chasing for the refund by email a couple of times but have never had a response. I eventually disputed through Amex (UK) who have now reinstated the charge saying that Swiss have given documentation showing the charge is legitimate. I've not been able to see the details of what Swiss are saying as I'm away currently, but I can't for the life of me think what they are playing at. Anyone got any suggestions? I'd quite like my £3000 back!
I (and others upthread) had similar experiences as you. For the unlucky ones (including me), LX will keep contesting and the credit card will take their side. You can check out my post history if you are interested in the full (and painful) saga. At one point, it looked like because I got into the chargeback dispute with LX, even my normal refund request had been invalidated. But after many many calls to LX, my credit card, and Expedia (the OTA in my case), I ultimately got the money back via the normal refund process, some 4 months after my flights were cancelled.

In another case, a posted reported that LX even admitted to him that the department of LX dealing with chargebacks has been instructed to contest all chargebacks, regardless of circumstances, while a separate refund department will (slowly) process the refund requests that are due.